5 Things by Cheryl C. Malandrinos, Author of ‘Little Shepherd’
ABOUT LITTLE SHEPHERD
Obed is in the hills outside Bethlehem when the angels appear to announce the Savior’s birth. Can he trust that the miracle of the first Christmas will keep his flock safe while he visits the newborn King?
Purchase your copy from:
Guardian Angel Publishing
Barnes and Noble
Watch the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA2KStzoCPo
Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9273058-little-shepherd
5 Things You Should Know About Cheryl C. Malandrinos
1. I never intended to write for children. My first completed novel was women’s fiction. Even the original idea for Little Shepherd was intended to be for an adult audience. It was only after I struggled writing “A Shepherd’s Journey” for NaNoWriMo in 2006 and talked to my pastor about it that I began reshaping the idea into a children’s picture book. Had he not asked me if this idea was for a children’s book, I might not have moved in that direction. Just goes to prove God has His plans for all of us–even though we often don’t know what they are.
2. It took me two years to get Little Shepherd ready to submit to a publisher for consideration. Even after I decided this was going to be a children’s book, I had no idea how to write a children’s story. I had never planned on it. None of the books I read on writing craft were geared toward that market. Yes, I had three kids, but that didn’t mean I could write for them. Little Shepherd sat around for at least six months after I finished it before I sent it to an author friend to critique. I valued her opinions because she was an established children’s author. She knew exactly where I needed to flesh out the story more.
3. My mind was set on who I wanted to publish Little Shepherd from the moment I starting writing it. After reading some books from Guardian Angel Publishing, I knew they would be a great fit for my book. I reviewed several of their titles, learning more about their authors and imprints, and then wrote my story to fit that mold. If they hadn’t accepted it, I don’t know what I would have done. I honestly had no one else in mind.
4. After reading a fair amount about branding, I decided to release my second book, A Christmas Kindness, under the pen name C.C. Gevry. This was a costly mistake. Though A Christmas Kindness is not a Christian book, it is also message-driven fiction like Little Shepherd and it is set around Christmas. I’m in the process of having the publisher release A Christmas Kindness under my married name. The digital version just came out. Hopefully the printed version will follow next year. Until then, the printed version is available under my pen name.
5. Writing Little Shepherd and A Christmas Kindness has allowed me to channel my love for Christmas into books with wonderful messages for children. I feel very blessed that I’ve been able to do it.
ABOUT CHERYL C. MALANDRINOS
Cheryl Malandrinos is a children’s author and freelance editor. She is the author of Little Shepherd, released by Guardian Angel Publishing, and A Christmas Kindness, released by 4RV Publishing, under her pen name, C.C. Gevry. A digital version of A Christmas Kindness will be released in 2013.
Since 2007, Cheryl has been an online book publicist specializing in virtual book tours. She is a member of the SCBWI, a book reviewer, and blogger.
Ms. Malandrinos lives in Western Massachusetts with her husband and two children. She also has a son who is married. Visit her online at http://ccmalandrinos.com/ or http://ccgevry.com/.
Pump Up Your Book and Cheryl Malandrinos are giving you the chance to win a set of 2 Little Shepherd mugs.
Use the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to enter. Bloggers participating in this tour are eligible to enter and win.
Terms and Conditions:
- Giveaway runs from 12:00 AM EST on 11/4/13 and concludes at 12:00 AM EST on 11/30/2013.
- By entering you certify you are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or Canada.
- Winner will be notified by email on 12/2/2013 and have 72 hours to respond with mailing address.
- Prize will be shipped directly from the author to the winner via USPS.
- Blogs participating in this book tour are not responsible for items lost or damaged in shipment.
a Rafflecopter giveaway