5 Things You Should Know About Champagne Lies by Wendy VanHatten
Title: Champagne Lies
Author: Wendy VanHatten
Publisher: DocuMeant Publishing
She should have been on her 30th wedding anniversary trip. Instead, Stacie stumbles upon a body where it should not be…an upscale beach on the Mexican Rivera. She also should have been celebrating with the man she has been married to for those 30 years. Instead, she finds out she may not have really known what he did or who he was.
Things happen to her she can’t explain. Who is the mysterious Maria in Italy, why did her husband need secret, hidden rooms, who do the guns belong to, and who was the man she married? Nothing is as it appears…and Stacie keeps finding more surprises the more pieces she uncovers.
From dead bodies to stolen jewels…it just keeps getting worse.
5 Things You Should Know About Champagne Lies
1. The settings are real places, based on my knowledge of those places
2. The characters were developed using traits from people I know
3. Research was conducted by visiting places, taking notes, and referring to some travel articles I have written
4. The ending may surprise you…at least that was the intent
5. I love Venice and am going back to work on some travel articles and the setting for my next mystery
ABOUT WENDY VANHATTEN
Wendy VanHatten is a published author, Editor of Prime Time Living Magazine, professional editor for authors, and contributing writer in additional magazines. Her children’s books, the Max and Myron series, teach children to read as they learn how to become good citizens with positive character traits. She has taught writing at the college level and travel writing for continuing education workshops.
Currently, she documents travel advice and photos in her blog, www.travelsandescapes.blogspot.com. More information about Wendy and her books may be found at www.wendyvanhatten.com. Her books are available on Amazon or from her website.