20 Questions with Annu Subramanian, author of ‘Another Heaven’
Annu Subramanian is the director of the Writing Center at Brown School, Schenectady, New York. She co-founded Albany Women Connection, a support group in Albany, New York. She was chosen as one of four national finalists by the Norman Mailer Center and National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) in 2011 for her short story, SO FAIR AND VERY LOVELY. She was chosen as Educator of Excellence in 2011 by the New York State English Council.
Her latest book is the factu-fiction, Another Heaven.
Visit her website at www.annusubramanian.com.
1. Are you a morning writer or a night writer?
Both morning and night
2. Do you outline or are you a pantster?
3. Which comes first – plot or character?
4. Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript?
Quiet, with soft music
5. Favorite TV show?
I Love Lucy
6. Favorite type of music?
7. Favorite craft besides writing?
8. Do you play a musical instrument?
9. Single or married?
10. Children or no?
Yes. A son and a daughter
12. Favorite place to write?
Family room, by the window (winter)
Deck (warm months)
13. Favorite restaurant?
The Whistling Kettle
14. Do you work outside the home?
Yes. I direct a writing center
15. What was the name of the last movie you saw?
12 Years A Slave
16. Favorite outdoor activity?
Walking through the woods
17. Pet peeve?
When people deliberately misspell words or when they abbreviate words in social media.
18. Your goal in life?
To set up an international network to help marginalized women.
19. Your most exciting moment?
When my children were born
20.The love of your life?
This virtual book tour is brought to you by Pump Up Your Book