20 Questions with Diana Sims, author of Forever King: Surviving the Loss of My Unborn Child
- Are you a morning writer or a night writer? I write best at night time after I have put the kids to sleep, and have peace and quiet to just release all my thoughts, emotions, and creativity.
- Do you outline or are you a pantster? I am a pantster. I love to write organically and format everything at a later time.
- Which comes first – plot or character? My novel was a Nonfiction / self-help book regarding actual events leading to the death of my son. So for this question neither.
- Noise or quiet when working on your manuscript? I love to listen to Gospel music when writing, it is truly an inspiration to hear the word of God on audio.
- Favorite TV show? My favorite TV show is Martin. To this day 20 plus years later and even watching it hundreds of times, I still laugh. That was a great cast.
- Favorite type of music? I love all types of music. If I could pick one, it would be R&B from the 80’s and 90’s era.
- Favorite craft besides writing? I love to bake cupcakes and watch people eat them and enjoy them.
- Do you play a musical instrument? I use to play the violin back when I was in elementary but gave it up for fake nails (smile.)
- Single or married? I am happily married to my husband. We just celebrated 14 years.
- Children or no? I have three living children and one son that is no longer with us. Thus the inspiration of my book Forever King.
- Pets? No, I don’t have any pets, but I love German Shepherds.
- Favorite place to write? In my room. I love to journey; this helps me with my material for my book.
- Favorite restaurant? I love Mastros Steak House, located in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Do you work outside the home? Yes, I assist Cardiology Physicians and the Patients regarding their overall cardiac health.
- What was the name of the last movie you saw? The Shack. It was truly a magnificent movie
- Favorite outdoor activity? Reading at the park or taking long walks at the park
- Pet peeve? Tardiness. I am a person who respects my time and time of others.
- Your goal in life? To become the best seller Author, Keynote speaker, and have my own Cupcake Storefront
- Your most exciting moment? The Birth of all my boys
- The love of your life? My husband Cory. He saved me from going to the marines just one year prior to the 9-11 attacks.
About the Author
As a self-publishing author, Diana Sims has felt compelled to share her journey regarding the loss of her son, and the miracle that took place after his passing. She simply wants to let other women, who have lost children, know that there is still light at the end of the tunnel.
Aimed primarily at all mothers ranging from teenagers to the older women, Forever King: Surviving the Loss of My Unborn Child particularly addresses those who have lost a child, no matter the circumstance.
Diana is committed to humanitarian services whether in her field or position. She worked for many years helping customers keep their homes from foreclosure during the economic fall in 2008. Currently, she is assisting physicians and patients as a Patient Liaison. Diana is a California native and resides in Southern California with her loving husband Cory Sims, and three handsome Kings in training: Isaiah, Solomon, and Anthony Sims.
WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:
About the Book:
Title: FOREVER KING: SURVIVING THE LOSS OF MY UNBORN CHILD
Author: Diana Sims
Publisher: Forever King Publishing
Sims life has been one of a survivor… a survivor of grief and distraught after having lost a child. Today, she is using the journey, to help other women, who have had similar experience of losing a child, whether through early pregnancy, miscarriage or stillbirth, to have hope.
Watch the book trailer at YouTube.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: